Hwang Ui-jo ‘suspected of illegal filming’ to replace China match → controversy over ’22 minutes’

Hwang Eui-jo, who has been investigated by the police as a suspect in an illegal filming case, is set to play against China in the Klinsmann Cup on Nov. 21.

South Korean national soccer team coach Jürgen Klinsmann emphasized that Hwang Ui-jo is not guilty of any immediate offense and that there is no problem with his participation.토토사이트

South Korea defeated China 3-0 in Group C of the FIFA Confederations Cup North America 2026 Asia Second Qualifying Round at the Shenzhen Universiade Sports Center in Shenzhen, China, on Monday (June 21) behind two goals and an assist from Son Heung-min (Tottenham Hotspur) and a wedge goal from Jung Seung-hyun (Ulsan).

The victory over China, which was considered the toughest test of the second round, gave South Korea an early shot at qualifying for the third round.

While the Taegeuk Warriors outplayed the Chinese in terms of quality, the team’s controversial substitution of Hwang Eui-jo stole the show.

Hwang came off the bench in the 27th minute to replace Cho Kyu-sung (Meatwillan), who had started the game. He played 22 minutes, including four minutes of second-half stoppage time.

Hwang’s appearance caught the attention of South Korean fans because he was investigated by police as a suspect after the first home game of the second qualifying round against Singapore on June 16.

In June, a woman who claimed to be Hwang Ui-jo’s ex-lover posted photos and videos of him with women on social media, which she later deleted.

On the 26th of the same month, Hwang Ui-jo filed a complaint with the Seongdong Police Station in Seoul through his legal representative, accusing A of violating the Information and Communications Network Act (false and untimely defamation) and intimidation.

At the time, Hwang claimed that the videos were not taken by illegal means, saying that they were on his stolen cell phone when he was playing on loan at Olympiakos in the Greek first division last year. He also maintained that the accusations were false and that he had already received several death threats over the matter.

Hwang then released a handwritten statement before leaving for the United Kingdom, in which he emphasized that he was the victim and that no illegal filming took place.

At the time, he wrote, “False posts were uploaded and videos of my private life were circulated by a person calling herself my girlfriend. I have not done anything illegal in my personal life that many of you are concerned about,” he said, directly refuting the allegations of mugshots of Hwang Ui-jo. “The original post, including its contents, is also factually incorrect. The person who posted it is a criminal and a complete stranger who used the opportunity to defame me with falsehoods and threaten me for possessing private footage through illegal means,” he said.

“I will cooperate with the investigation to the fullest extent possible and seek strict legal penalties against the original poster and anyone else who participated or was involved in the secondary damage, with absolute impunity.”

The case, which had been dormant for nearly five months, was reignited when it was revealed that Hwang had been investigated by police as a suspect.

According to police, the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency’s Cybercrime Investigation Unit summoned Hwang on July 17 to investigate him for illegal filming. The day after the Singapore match, the entire squad was given a downstream vacation, and Hwang was apparently questioned by police that day.

However, on the 21st, Hwang’s ex-lover claimed through her legal representative, “Although the victim (ex-lover) had a relationship with Mr. Hwang, she never consented to the filming of the sensitive video at that time or since then, and has repeatedly asked him to delete it.” “Instead of looking back and reflecting on his mistakes, Mr. Hwang lied to the media about ‘filming with his ex-lover by agreement,’ leaving the victim with irreparable wounds and trauma,” she said.

“Mr. Hwang has been asking the victim to sue the distributor, and after much deliberation, he has filed a formal complaint with the police against the distributor for illegal distribution and against Mr. Hwang for illegal filming.” In other words, there were scenes in Huang’s filming that his ex-lover didn’t agree with.

With all of this going on, Hwang’s participation in the China game came at a time when many were interested in seeing what would happen next.

First, Klinsmann spoke about his own experience and maintained that there was nothing wrong with Hwang’s start.

“I know there is controversy in Korea,” Klinsmann said at the postgame press conference, which was attended by local media including Xports News. But until we have clear facts, it’s just an ongoing issue,” he said.

“I can’t say there’s a problem right now or that there’s guilt. Until then, it’s my job to help players perform well on the field. In my 40 years of soccer, I’ve been in a lot of situations where there’s a lot of speculation. Until there are clear facts, I want him to do well on the field and score goals,” he said, noting that until his conviction is finalized, Hwang could be called up and given playing time if his skills merit a spot on the national team.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *